Hecuba, former queen now a slave to the Greeks, is in mourning for her husband and the devastated city of Troy when she discovers that a trusted friend has killed her son. He has his reasons; reasons he feels are justified. Hecuba’s grief turns to rage and desperate revenge. Are the affects of war so demoralizing that horrific acts are committed out of fear of retribution spinning the situation out of control in a cycle that may never end? Judge for yourself.
- Playwright or Author: Euripides, Adapted by Frank McGinness
- Directed By: Trish Rigdon
- Set Designer: Matthew Schlief
- Lighting Designer: Matthew Schlief
- Opening Date: Friday, November 9, 2007
- Closing Date: Saturday, November 17, 2007
- Performance Location: Hamman Hall