On the day of his funeral, Shakespeare’s widow, Anne Hathaway, wrestles with her memories of life with and without her husband. “Shakespeare’s Will” is a provocative piece about a woman who had a life and dreams of her own.
Recently performed at the Stratford Theatre Festival in Canada, this is the Houston premiere of this imaginative one-woman play. The next stop for this production will be The Trojan Horse Theatre, in Beijing, China this coming July.
Christina Keefe, director of the Theatre Program at Rice, will play the part of Anne Hathaway. Ms. Keefe has acted in regional theatres, off-off Broadway, film, and television. She directed “Macbeth” for Rice last fall and will be directing “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” for Houston Grand Opera’s summer studio this coming June.
- Playwright or Author: Vern Thiessen
- Directed By: Jack Young
- Set Designer: Aaron Garrett; Scenic Artist Michael Powers
- Lighting Designer: Dustin Tannahill
- Opening Date: Friday, April 13, 2012
- Closing Date: Sunday, April 29, 2012
- Performance Location: Hamman Hall