Public debt is ballooning, banks are going bust, a depression is right around the corner, and Mack the Knife is leaving a trail of broken hearts and cut throats in his wake. In this masterful musical satire, love, sex, murder, and theft all become tactics for survival in a society spinning out of control.
The play challenges conventional notions of property as well as theater. It asks the central rhetorical question, “Who is the bigger criminal: he who robs a bank or he who founds one?”
Come one and all for a musical of murder, mayhem, and matrimony!
- Playwright or Author: Bertold Brecht and Kurt Weill
- Directed By: Leslie Swackhamer
- Set Designer: Matthew Schlief
- Musical Director: Christi Macelaru
- Opening Date: Friday, November 13, 2009
- Closing Date: Friday, November 20, 2009
- Performance Location: Hamman Hall